It all started when...
Since 1925, Smith & Chandler has been witness to the spectacular scenery, abundant wildlife and astounding geological history of Yellowstone National Park. Since the beginning it has been an integral part of the town of West Yellowstone’s western and railroad heritage. Located directly across the street from the former Union Pacific Railroad Depot, now the Yellowstone Historic Center Museum, Smith & Chandler was one of the first stops for many visitors to Yellowstone Park in the early years.
Smith & Chandler was established in 1925 by the Smith & Chandler families. In 1971, the store was purchased by Trev and Ellie Povah. Not long after the store was purchased, a fire burned it to the ground. The store was rebuilt and is considered West Yellowstone's premiere gift shop.
Today, Smith & Chandler remains a destination stop at the gateway to Yellowstone and is West Yellowstone’s premiere general mercantile. We have exciting selections of Yellowstone Park, Montana, wildlife and western related gifts and souvenirs, apparel, cowboy hats, kitchen, home and cabin décor, candy and huckleberry products, jewelry, knives, binoculars, greeting cards, books and DVDs.
Make Smith & Chandler a part of your memorable visit to the Park and West Yellowstone!